Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Sin Zin


2006 Sin Zin

2006 Alexander Valley
Zinfandel
Thought I would try a Calf. Zin. I have been drinking the usual Pinot Noir and some Zabaca Zin.
This is a nice wine. Not quite as fruity as the Zabaca but worth trying.
Not a really big nose.
Lots of pepper and fruit on the tongue. Nice finish. Verylittle tannin but this is not Welch's grape juice. Some subtle tones I can't quite find but its worth trying again.

  • Will buy again
  • May gift

Food Lion $17

Ok, I found this great review with lots of history and a whole story of the wine.
For my money too many Zins are lately coming in overblown with jam and over seasoned with "hammy charcoal", what one might call "Lodi style". But I prefer "old school" peppery spice style Zins.
Agreed, Nice bottle

1 Comments:

At March 31, 2008 at 4:52 PM, Blogger Russ said...

Seen this one a million times, never tried. Now I will. Sounds like my kind of Zin.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home